Thank you for your interest in loving and serving the kids of MCC! Here at this site you will be able to find out how to get plugged in, learn more about the strategy behind what we do with our preschoolers and elementary age kids, and receive regular video-based, on-demand, training to help you be the very best volunteer you can be.
If you are looking to begin serving for the first time, please know that you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a member of MCC.
- You must have been attending MCC for at least 6 months.
- You must give your consent and be able to pass a criminal background check.
Once all of those requirements have been met, then take a look at the MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES page on this site to see all of our current roles available for you to jump in and begin serving. Then contact Nathan Palmer, our Children’s Minister, through the contact form on this site to talk through any questions you may have and schedule a time for you to try out a specific role with no long-term commitment. If it seems to be a good fit for your gifts and passions, then you can make the longer-term commitment at that time.
Beginning here in 2018, at the start of each new school year (in August), every volunteer will be asked if they would like to continue in their current role, if they need to take a break, or if they would like to change roles.
We understand that things come up (other commitments, sickness, family obligations) where you won’t be able to cover a Sunday when you would otherwise be serving. In those instances, please contact Nathan as soon as possible to schedule one of our subs to cover for you.
As a MCC Children’s Ministry Volunteer we want to help you be the very best teacher, small group leader, nursery volunteer, guide or assistant you can be. This site will provide short monthly videos for you to watch and gain insight into our Orange Strategy, effective teaching techniques, dealing with difficult kids, safety policies and protocols, or leading a small group. We highly encourage you to take advantage of the video training available on this site and want to offer some incentives for you to take the time to watch them. So, each month, when a new video is posted, you will want to do the following:
- Click the Volunteer Training link in the navigation bar.
- Login with your account information or create an account if it’s your first time.
- Watch the latest training video available, or any previous ones you may have missed.
- Leave a comment with any thoughts, questions or insights after watching.
- At the end of the month, everyone who has commented on that’s month’s video will be entered into a drawing to win a gift card.
Watch the video below from Nathan for more of an explanation.